Re: Heat transfer questions

OK,

1/2 thick red oak, a hole saw just a bit larger that the bores of the carb and some polyurethane to seal the wood. I would just make my own it is was me.

Greg

Richard Kinsley wrote:
Rich Kinsley  '64 Polara 4 dr 318poly w/goodies

I have mentioned that my carbs get almost too hot to touch with my current Swirl Torgue aluminum 1" spacers. The book says the open wood spacers are best for heat but the 4 hole spacers are best for low end torque. Won't the phenolic spacers offer significant cooling as compared to the aluminum? They don't have 4 hole wood spacers and I really think I need the max low end torque.

Feel free to jump right in with your ideas!