From: Dan McCormack [mailto:mcwheels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, 29 November 2007 3:39 AM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: MCG's Bid Mopar Site

Actually membership is part of the Elite Subscription package which is
an extra $10 a year. It includes some other perks too, one of which is
getting my magazine in a plastic wrapper, that alone was worth the $10
to me. If you look at the history of MCG it was started as an
alternitive to Hemmings just for Mopar items. It's taken years but I
think we can all see the success of MCG. Rob Wolf has started Bid Mopar
as an alternitive to Ebay again just for Mopar items and I'm sure it
will take years to catch on too. If you look at the fees that ebay
charges for listing and selling I think you'll agree that $10 a year is
a real bargin.

Dan

Gary H. wrote:

> You don't have to pay a fee to join ebay, (though they get ya later).
> Mopar Collector's Guide probably needs to follow that no-upfront-fee
> model to generate any significant sized number of listings. At minimum,
> any of their rag subscribers should get access to the auction  as part
> of their subscription, not by paying extra. As noted, listings are what
> draws eyeball traffic, and love it or hate it, ebay has tons of
> listings. 2-cents tossed.
>
> Gary H.
>
> Lee Sumpter wrote:
> >
> > Anybody on this list ever check out the Bid Mopar site sponsered by
> > Mopar Collectors guide? It's like Ebay, but for Mopar stuff only. It
> > costs an extra 10 bucks on the magazine subscription to join. I
> > thought it might be a good idea, but the site hasn't taken off yet
> > like I thought it would.
> > --
> > Lee Sumpter

----