moparitius

I used to reply to what are you buying now with "Who wants to know. " I would not recommend that. It was a very bad idea I learned from my wilder youth when my parents would quiz me on what i was up to.  Wives dont seem to see the humour in it. I passed up on a 75 Duster last week that has been in storage since 85. It was not perfect, not even close but they arent making anymore either. I figured a week of serious work would have got it to a perfect roller suitable for street or strip but I could tell it wasnt going to be easy so i let it go. A 63 like that is nice. While i enjoy punding my Max Wedge i too would also enjoy something more of a long range cruiser. The max wedge was never really intended to be driven long distances at moderate speeds. It is like putting a race horse on the milk wagon.  I wouldnt mind a 383  63 car or a 62 with a 383 343 Hp build. (See why my wife doesnt  get excitied at these ideas. I just can't behave.) My friend Wager is doing a 60s something fury with a 318 stroked to 355 with the 2 x 4 fury intake and a mild cam (1968 340 stick grind on the old 318 core) I suspect that will be a fun ride  and still very  drivable. I will also need PS on the next one as my wife refuses to drive this one . She says it scares her when she pushes on the throttle and it steers too hard . Occasionallly she also says it hurts her neck!  I can't imagine why!
So bravo. I applaud your progress and your choice. Nice car. Enjoy!
Don
Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)