From: "Don" <dgallimore@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2007 6:56 AM
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Speedometer pinion gear seal

Welcome from Akron Don from Akron, Ohio.

There is no inner seal on the speedometer cable. Not that I've noticed anyway. What's the symptoms?

  Akron Don
  '65 Belvedere I and Satellite Cnvert.

Mark Williams wrote:
Hello,my name is Mark Williams I just joined the discussion list
yesterday.I live in Strongsville,Ohio and owned a number of Pontiacs
in the past,72 grand prix ,75 grandville,and currently have a 77 grand prix sj.Last year i was lookig for some thing different to kick around in and ended up with a stock 1963 valiant signet 200. This wasn't meant to be a project car.What I am planning on for a project car is a early to mid 60's dodge dart station wagon.But,the
valiant needs a few things.The problem I'm having is the inner seal
on the speedometer pinion gear is bad and causing tranny fluid to leak into speedometer cable housing.Is there somewhere i can buy this
seal or do I need to replace the whole pinion gear.
Thanks Mark W.

Mark W.
63valiant

----