Cleaning / Refinishing parts

I finally got the suspension stripped from under my 73 Dart Sport and
now the cleaning begins. Any ideas on cleaning / de-greasing the
k-frame and other suspension? I don't really want to hose it down @
home since I have a well. Should I just take it to the local car wash
and power wash it? They will love that!!!

Next thing what should I use to refinish it? I want it to look good
and obviously I want the finish to last. What are my options besides
powder coating for durability? I have not been very impressed w/
POR-15. It comes off very easily. This goes for control arms, etc too.

Thanks in advance.

Bill M