poly

 big fury. missed our group by one year i think.
66 2dr hrdtp, 3 by the knee (now)standard, stroked 318 poly  with 2 x4s. Actually the motor was very cheap. Crank was around $150 machining. he used all the 360 stuff , balancer rads  flywheel etc so rebalance was not necessary. Cam is a reground poly with the old 340 stick grind on it from the 69 darts. Stroke is 3.58, bore is 3.95" Pistons are dodge 318 truck low compression units that fit both poly and la truck motors . they are silvolite.  Engine was converted to hydraulic lifters. used to have a video of its initial firing, I think Gary P may know if it is posted somewhere. I was just overseer on this one Gary Wager built it with a bit of guidance. I think for less than 2 grand if I am not mistaken. He unlike myself is addicted to strokers. He enjoys being diffferent.
Don
Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)