742 suregrip question?

Hi All,

Just installed my rebuilt 4.10 suregrip. new clutches and the spider gear kit installed in the sure grip itself (they were chewed in its past life). ive got everything installed on the tapered axle rear with axles, hubs and driveshaft on. While i have it on jackstands and full of fluid i was tightening the axles and stopped to rotate the passenger side clockwise (car in neutral). i happened to look across thru the tunnel to the driver side and i see the other hub rotating opposite. Am i missing something? shouldnt they both be rotating in the same direction? Also in gear , driveshaft doesnt rotate but i can rotate the hubs by hand. (again no tires on and up on the jackstands) Or does the rear have to be put under load to have all the new clutches seat into place ?

Im looking for a sanity (or insanity as the case may be) check.

thanks!

Derrick Brown
'63 Sport Fury, 4 speed
derrickb@xxxxxxx