RE: earl

I don't know about the rest of you, but when I'm thinking of trying
something I've never done with cars and everyone tells me it won't, that
just makes me more determined to do it! Sorry for the foul language, but
about 13 years ago my wife was driving an Astro van with a v6 that was
junk. I asked all the car guys around (even the Chevy guys) and most of
them said a v8 wouldn't fit. I made a set of motor mounts and stuffed a
5.0 litre in it and bolted it to the original trans. My wife drove it
for 20k miles before we sold it and it ran great. I had to pull the fuse
for the elec. fuel pump so I could use the mechanical pump, but that was
about the only mod. That swap changed the way I look at doing the
unusual now.

Don Dulmage wrote:

>  Blessings upon you Earl. I held of for a while too but thought of some
>  poor fellow wanting to do the swap but being talked out of it for no
>  real good reason. so for that reason I jumped in.
> Reminds me of a converstaion I had wth an expert who said you couldnt
> put a 426 Hemi in a 65 Belevedere. This same fellow had been in my shop
> in the seventoes and had seen my street hemi installed in my 63 Dodge
> post car.(Which took about 2 hrs total instaltion time including fabbibg
> the pass side mount) I simply do not understand such logic! Confronted
> by concrete evisence seems to mean nothing but it is for the hobbyist
> who is being alarmed unecessarly I wrote.
> In fact in the negine building business when i hear that wont work when
> weare trying something i get excitied because i know right then as is in
> 90% time we are on the right track and probably no one else has tried it
> yet.
> Don
> Author of
> Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)