RE: Flaming River Steering Column

There's one sitting in a barn about 20 miles East of Akron, Ohio that
has already had the roof chopped, just a roller, but it looked pretty
good to me for $1200. Couldn't get a good look at it, but still... I was
more interested in the SWEET 63 Fury with 318 and air, 70k miles, for
11,000. If I'd had the money it would have followed me home.
Sean B wrote:

> That must have been one awesome truck!  What engine did you use?  My
> uncle has one about that vintage, but I can't talk him out of it.  It's
> just rusting away in a field.  Did you see the one Street and
> Performance put a new hemi into?  That was cool.
>
> Thanks for the advice,
>
> Sean
>

> Dan McCormack wrote:
> >
> > Sean, I'm not sure that the Mopar tilt column is identical to the GM
> > column but they were made by Saginaw and use internal GM parts. As far
> > as using one out of a Trans Am I'm sure it's possible. You'll have to
> > adapt it but the street rod crowd does it all the time. And I wouldn't
> > worry about using the adaptor to connect the column to the box, again
> > the street rod guys have been using them for years. I once used a
> > Chrysler Cordoba tilt column in a 56 Ford F-100 pickup. Actually I
> > installed the whole torsion bar front suspension out of the Cordoba into
> >
> > the pickup, that's one of the reasons I know the Chrysler tilt column
> > had GM internal parts.

Jeff Adams
64 Polara

----