From: William Cole
Date: 6/2/2008 7:21:53 AM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Timing Problem!

Earl,
  Hey, I'm doing pretty good overall.

On the timing issue: We've done pretty much everything you mentioned.
The Mallory is brand new. Not sure about the Mallory advance post you
Talked about. I'm just helping out trying to figure out what's wrong. No
Vacuum advance, all mechanical. And I can't believe the timing marks are
Off a tooth or it wouldn't run at all.
Problem is, we tried a brand new Mopar electronic distributor and it
Does the same thing. A guy that works in a local shop and knows a lot
About Mopars was helping us also. He said that he's had a couple of
Mopar engines do the same thing and couldn't figure out what was
Happening. He had one in his boat that he said was running about 60
Degrees advance with a light and it ran perfect.
This motor sounds and seems to run good with it showing 50 degrees
Advance with a timing light so I'm stumped as to what is causing the
Problem.
Must be the Mopar gods causing it because we used a Chevy coil bracket
On the intake, I don't know.
The guy picked up his car yesterday. He's going to run it on the street
For a while and see what happens.

----