RE: Oil pressure

Wayne,
If both the water temp and oil pressure gauges are reading improperly,
possibly the problem is a bad voltage regulator on the backside of the
dash.   It's a small, rectangular, silver box and supplies a reduced
voltage to these gauges....Brian

Wayne Huseby wrote:

> Well the car is out of the shop with compartment and engine (318) now
> painted. The oil guage was working properly before my mechanic got into
> it. Now with a new oil pump when first started and the engine is cold
> the temp guage is reading very high. After about 10 minutes of running
> and of course not watching the guage, the guage read as if no pressure
> and the needle would not move one little bit.
> Is it possible a short somewhere or just start with a new sending unit?
> The mechanic did comment that when he first started it cold there was no
>
> guage pressure and assumed that the guage did not work before.
>
> Wayne Huseby
> 64 polara 500 2dr ht

'64 Belvedere
Davenport, Iowa

"The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little
extra."

----