Fw: Chrysler Improvements and Quality

----- Original Message -----
From: cs76@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 7:38 AM
Subject: Chrysler Improvements and Quality

Dear Colleagues,

Seven years ago, Chrysler had the least efficient manufacturing operations among all major OEMs in North America, according to the closely followed Harbour Report. At that time, we made a commitment to continuous improvement that would allow us to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the world's best in operational excellence.

Outside of Chrysler, there were plenty of skeptics. But today, I am proud to tell you that The Harbour Report North America 2008 ranks Chrysler as tied for the industry leadership with Toyota. Over the last seven years, we have improved our manufacturing productivity by 31.4 percent, which translates to taking nearly 14 hours out of the average time it takes to make a vehicle and its major components. In 2007, it took our operations an average of 30.37 hours to build a vehicle.

-Tom LaSorda

----