sorry

Thanks for asking. i am flattered but i must pass.
 My wife says the next person who brings Don a job will be shot. Then she will decide what to do with Don. My days of outside work are done I am afraid.   Nothing of my own gets fixed or finished. That is why i sold al the equipment. I still will share info. I hope i always will but for instance this year I have had about 6 days to work on my dragster. The year is almost half over.
My health is getting worse and i am not getting younger. If I dont get this dragster done in a couple of months i wil probably not be able to get in it when it is done. So thanks for asking but I will pass.
By the way my wife doesnt mean that , She just knows i am not getting my own stuff done and apparently I bring the frustration to the house.
For instance Sat. I set out to put new wheel on my rail. I tried to get the slick changed but no luck. The current tire people cannot get a slick of a wheel so i came home and set about to do it by hand. It was 87 F . I get one side broken down and my neighbour shows up with the mill. That was fine but an hour later he is still talking and the mill is still on the forklift outside. I mention 3 times we have t o go to town and get Lindas hair done because we have a Wedding of a friend to attend at three. Finally he goes. i rush her to town. She is done in 25 minutes. We grab a quick bite and come home. I remove the slick and start on the remount. My nephew drops by . He leaves his truck running since he can only stay a moment. 1  1/4 later he is still here and i have one lip on the tire and the tube inside. He leaves i rush in and change for the wedding. We leave as soon as it is fitting  since we dont dance. i change and go back to the shop and work till 10 PM mounting the slick and putting it back on the car  so it wont be jacked up on my old leaking jack all weekend. A whole days is gone and i have just baely one wheel changed. Sunday we do nothing cept church and a cruise in the 63. Monday i will go back at it but already 3 people are dropping by and Linda thnks we n maybe should do some shopping. Meanwhile the rail is not getting done. A buddy wants me to look at his heads. He also has a brake problem with his cruise piece. if i could just look at it and tell him waht to do ....... I am going to go out of my gord i think.  My 63 is outside because i cant  move the mill off the palet (3000 to 4000 pounds) so i know i have to find a crew to do that for me. Meanwhile  you know. Everyth9ng I do costs. if i go to help my  friend i will spend $15 for gas. if lucky i will get a muffled thanks. If someone wants something done and i do it just so i can get back to my own job uninterrupted they give me that deer in the headlight ook when i want a few bucks for my time and the money i spend getting their job done.
I know. more info than anyone wanted but that is how everyday seems to go. Somehow i have to figure out how to get a handle on it. Anyway. This machine is a toy for me. I am going to keep it that way.  First i will need a couple of months to learn how to run it.
The idea excites me so i guess i am not dead yet.
Thnks for listening.
Don

Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)