Re: What battery for 440?

To get a modern battery with a vintage look, you can get vintage
battery covers.  I've seen them for Autolite and others.  Here's a
link to a 'tar topper' for an Optima.

http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?pf_id=43214&dept_id=1201&cm_mmc=Froogle-_-Engine+%26+Related+-+Batteries+-+ALL-_-43214-_-X

Just google 'vintage battery covers' and look around.

- Jim
Jim Altemose, Long Island, NY
'63 Polara 500 (Max Wedge)
'63 Polara 500 (383)