Re: To R-12 or not...that's the question

Re: To R-12 or not...that's the question

I've seen the R-12 commonly for sale $25 to $35 per can. Makes me wince at the .69 cents per can that Walmart had them for sale on clearance when the stuff was phased out -- and I did not buy a dozen cases....

Last I discussed with a buddy of mine who did AC repair was the 134a will work okay in an old Mopar if the system is sound. It may be not quite as cool as R12, but it's a *lot* cheaper to charge and repair with 134a if a hose leaks and all the refrigerant goes out. Just his 2 cents.

Gary H.