Starter trouble?

Well I got two good days with my 63 Polara on the road, which was
nice.  And it's been starting right up without a hitch.  But this
morning I went to start it and I got nothing at all.  When I turn the
key, nothing; not even a 'click'.  I hooked up my jump starter and
still nothing so I'm sure it's not the battery.  Lights, radio,
everything electric seems good.  What's the most likely cause?  Should
I be looking for a loose wire or is it probably the starter?  Can I
'hot-wire' it to rule out the ignition cylinder and some of the
wiring?

As always, thanks.

- Jim
Jim Altemose, Long Island, NY