runs

 Richard i only made one run Everything went so well like it never did ever before in my life on a firsttime run that i bought a round of cheesburgers for all my pals who helped me run it and then said "This is a special moment in my life. I am not going to ruin it. I am loading up and going home to savour the moment. I sat on the couch smiling till about 2 AM.  I am glad i did. It still feels good. Now I am getting the bump on the side of the arm from the other racers and the "YOUVE GOT A LOT MORE IN THAT SLANT SIX THAN YOU TOLD US"1 speech. but I dont. Most folks simply do not realize the multiples of power you get when you work hard to match the combo  be it a /6 or a 273 or a 426 Wedge. When all the pieces are singing the same song in the same key it doesnt take a bunch of high dollar parts to go fast. In fact sometimes it doesnt take any.big $ parts. This engne would make a nice street engine in a mid 60s valiant  or a street rod or whatever.
The IR manifold and carbs is what makes it useable in a dragster because inside it s relatively mundane. The manifold is tuned to work peak at mid 5000RPM range and it does.
Don

----