RE: Overheated coil

Thanks Paul.

Cameron

From: Paul Lennemann <pjlenn@xxxxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Overheated coil
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 23:08:13 +0000

Wiring the ballast resistor......that brings up a question.  To my way
of thinking a ballast resistor is just that, a resistor, no polarity no
way to wire it wrong.  I'm not familiar with the newer ones w/ 4
connectors so I don't know about wiring those.  But you can check your
resistor with an Ohm meter.  Mine measures 1 ohm.  So find two terminals
that give you a reading like that and you should be in business.  FWIW
my 63 is set up w/ an orange box, stock voltage regulator, accel coil,
stock ballast resistor.

Paul L.
'63 Sport Fury
440/727