RE: high speed miss

mopar413@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> ---- Schuyler  Wrobel <sky62@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > rich, I hope you checked the new distributor also? I don't want to
> > bag on the Mopar
> > electronic distributor to much, but I've heard enough complaints
> > about that vacuum
> > advance plate... that as I mentioned before, I eliminated that part
> > of the distributor altogether and
> > have not missed it one bit! plus I can set the timing as Don D.
> > suggested, at full adv. 3000rpm.
> > initial advance is no longer nec
> >
> > sky62@sbcglobal.

> > >You may want to check the spark plugs.  They could be breaking down
> > >under load.

They were brand new, unused and indexed(for what that's worth) for the
dyno-tune. They are still newish but I have another new set that I will
install before this next dyno run.
-----------
If I blow up the poly you'll be hearing about my 440 build.
I did look the dist over carefully and the dyno guy says he likes the
Mopar set-up just fine.
I'm gonna skinny up the sec jets but put a bit more squirt on the accel
nozzles (bigger nozzles, #28 now) 'cause it still hesitates a tad on
rapid accel at first. I'll maybe get it to the track Fri night and do a
few things to experiment. We'll see how it goes. I know the car can run
better it's the darn nut behind the wheel!

----