From: Rich Kinsley [mailto:rlkinsley@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 9:08 PM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: points

Don Dulmage wrote:

>  Why dont you switch to points right now and get that issue out of the
> way. Unless it is wired worng it should not be an issue. Something
> doesnt make sense. It would seem to me the ballast resistor is
> suppling  voltage for the cantrol box. it is suposed to be after the
> box and  dropping coil voltage. The box should see battery  voltage on
> the pointy  end wire  Speaking of Battery voltage what is it when you are
driving?
> Don
Remember we only have an ammeter and it shows charge most of the time.
It was dramatic though when I turned the light switch for the dome light and
the car started stumbling/missing very badly. It took it 30secs to clear up
after I shut that off. I had blown the dash light fuse also a couple weeks
ago. I do have issues there.

I do have a voltmeter. Maybe I should attach it to the ign box input side to
see what it really gets. I can re-install my original single point dist but
it needs some TLC and I can't find the leads for my dwell meter. My step-son
borrowed it. Need I say more? I'll see what I can do.

----
topic.  Thanks!

----