Re: weatherstripping

As with all work on cars NEVER THINK SOMETHING WILL BE OBVIOUS. take the pictures and DO NOT DEPEND ON YOUR MEMORY. we all know where that leads. Dave O ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jason Chance" <j23@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2008 9:38 PM
Subject: Re: weatherstripping

To remove the old, I use a plastic scraper and my hands. To remove glue and sealer I use the plastic scraper for the big stuff then some ppg glue/silicone remover. The yellow glue is very stubborn and required the wire wheel. Your method will depend on how careful you have to be around your paint. I had already stripped every inch of mine before I painted so I had a clean surface to install the new stuff. As for installing the new stuff, just be careful and take your time. Measure once, cut twice and all that. Take lots of pictures of the old before you remove it. You may think it is obvious how it should go but when it comes time to install the new stuff there is always some detail that you forget (this end went under that part, etc.). I reccomend 3m products for your adhesives, there are several depending on application.

good luck,
Jason

Dave wrote:
Am going to remove weather stripping from doors. Need advice on removal of
old weather stripping, old glue and installing new weatherstripping.

Thanks.

Dave Harms

64 Dodge Polara 500 convertible

----