Trans cable adj. & leaking header bolts

I'm batting .500, I think I've got the trans adjusted.  I hooked up the
neutral safety switch and it will crank with the neutral button pushed
in.  It's a really touchy adjustment.  I hooked up my ohm meter to make
sure it stayed in the right place as I tightened things up.  Just a
small adjustment or wobble in the cable would make the needle on the
meter jump.
Taking my pan off is not too big of a deal.  I just pull my temp sensor
out, which acts like a drain plug making it a very clean job.  I
depressed the neutral button, held the cable into the case as well as I
could by hand and adjusted it till the switch closed.  Then I had my
lovely assistant shift it to reverse and then back to neutral , made
another small adjustment, locked it down, had her run it through the
gears and it came back to neutral and closed the switch.  So I'm hoping
that it will now shift through all of the gears when I get it ready for
another trial run because..............

My header bolt leak, well, %#%*)(*&^$$^&*(.  I slopped as much sealant
as I could on the one bolt I've got leaking and installed it.  I let it
sit for 24 hours so it would set up good, and then refilled the system.
IT STILL DRIPS EVEN W/ NO PRESSURE ON THE COOLING SYSTEM.
^%$#$((&%$#$%^&*.
The other day I bought some studs trying to find a solution for the one
hole w/ damaged threads.  The studs didn't work out for that fix and I
eventually got that one sealed up and tight w/ a bolt.  So I installed a
stud that had some cured RTV sealer on it into the leaking hole.  It
still leaked w/ no pressure in the system.  So, I've drained the system
once again (this must be the 5th or 6th time) and I'm going to take a
small diameter probe and try to spread some sealer inside the hole.
Then I'll load the stud up w/ as much sealer as I can and re-install it,
let it sit till tomorrow and see what happens.  I'm going to use the
stud because it seeped less with it, even though I installed it w/ cured
RTV on it, than the bolt did installed in the conventional way.

Paul L.
'63 Sport Fury
440/727
http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-lennemann63.html