Block markings & trans stuff

I had a conversation with an "old" Mopar mechanic last night. He
worked for a local Chrysler dealer for ~40 years and has recently
retired to make money building and playing w/ and building race cars
and motors...name is Garry Neese (sp?) if anyone knows him.

Anyway, we got on the topic of block markings and he thought that
sometime in the mid 60's was when they STARTED stamping ID's into
blocks and before ~64 (he was not sure of the year) there was no year
on the block or ID stamped...only a casting number. Is this true? If
so, what was the cut off year?

Next onto trannys - If I'm correct, 64 & older trannys had 2 cables,
65's were 1 cable, 1 linkage, and 66 & newer were 2
linkages...correct? Also, what year did the input shaft diameter
change to the "modern" setup...was that 66 and 65's had the smaller
shaft? Or did they change in 67?

Thanks

Bill M
65 Coronet 500 'vert