To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 11:34 AM
Subject: RE: '64-'65 B-body console

They share a console housing, with the difference being a small plate
that screws into the left side of a 4-spd console to cover the hole for
the shifter to make it an automaitc console, whereas the 4-spd console
gets a hump there to clear the shifter. I have an automatic console top
housing (not finish plate) that I had to notch a little to clear my
shifter, but I'm running a pistol grip that I had to lean back a bit to
clear the dash. Otherwise I think the top housings are the same for
both, but the finish plates are different. Did I thoroughly confuse you
now? As far as worth, the 4-spd finish plates wers selling last year on
Ebay for around $400, but someone is repopping them now on Ebay for
$389. The last complete console with finish plate I saw sold on Ebay for
around $1200, but that was over a year ago. Do you have one for sale?

Douglas Sutherland wrote:

Is the fiberglass housing for this console different for stick and
automatic?

Is the chrome frame on top (that the metal top plate fits into)
different too?

How much are these items worth?

Thanks,
Doug