RE: power steering pump leak

The tool I used was a Snap-On item, and I borrowed it from a garage owner I'm friends with. I had tried a normal gear puller, but there isn't enough meat on the pulley to pull on with that tool. Again, just sniff out what you need on eBay, and save the time and frustration of trying to fix that bad boy.
pigdoc

At 09:21 PM 9/30/2008, you wrote:

Dr. Paul M. Pitcher wrote:

> My advice:  eBay.
> Removing the pulley is impossible without the special tool, which you
> should be able to borrow, but the labor...
> Good Luck,
> pigdoc
>
> At 09:34 PM 9/29/2008, you wrote:
>
> >The front seal is leaking on my power steering pump.  There is a seal
> >kit shown for this although I don't know if it's still available.  Is
> >this repair worth doing?  Or is the shaft likely to be worn so that a
> >new seal won't hold either?
> >Auto zone lists a reman'd unit for $162 w/ a $15 core.  NAPA shows one
> >for either $62 or $82 with a $27 core.  I'd probably still have to
> >change the pulley which looks like the harderst part of the job.  What
> >do you think?
> >
> >Paul L.
> >'63 Sport Fury
> >440/727
> >http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-lennemann63.html
> >

> >----
> >Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person --
> >directly to that person.  I.e., send parts/car transactions and
> >negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended
> >recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will
> >protect
> >your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the content
> >signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!
> >
> >'62 to '65 Mopar Clubhouse Discussion Guidelines:
> >http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html.
> >

> >--
> >9/29/2008
> >7:40 AM

Is the tool something that the parts houses like Autozone etc. will rent
or is it specific to Mopars?