'69 Dart: 1, Cheby P/U: 0 WOOHOO!

On Sunday 10/26 I was on my way home from the Mopar Madness show in
Bear DE with some friends. In our little parade was a 69 Dart, 70 GTX,
73 Scamp w/, and my 65 Coronet 'vert. As were cruising home down Rte
40, we came across a 57 Cheby Bel Air and a ~52 Cheby P/U. After a few
miles and a number of traffic lights, the P/U ended up lined up next
to the 69 Dart. The P/U was tubbed & sounded fairly healthy and
started showboating to the Dart...taching up the motor and showing off
his trans brake, jumping the truck, etc. The Dart just sat there
calmly. I was right behind the Dart and the 57 was behind the P/U. The
guys in the 57 started telling me the truck had a 570 something cubic
inch drag racing motor, and blah, blah, blah. When they asked me
what's in the Dart I replied "just a 383."

When it was obvious the light was going to turn soon, the P/U brings
it up on the trans brake and the Dart just sat there calmly. Light
turned green and they both launched. The Dart tree'd the &%$# out of
the truck.The P/U started spinning the tires almost immediately but
when the truck's rear tires hit the white stripe they instantly went
up in thick white smoke and he started sliding sideways. He tried to
pedal it and bring it back but to no avail. Meanwhile, the Dart just
dug in and was GONE! It was pathetic how badly he trashed him. By the
time the P/U was through the intersection, the Dart was 8-10 car
lengths ahead of him. I just looked @ the guys in the 57 and said "GO
MOPAR!"

A little farther down the road the truck came up on the Dart ~60 mph
(obviously pi$$ed) and tried to run him from a roll. They looked like
they were pretty even from my vantage point...but drag racing don't
start @ 60 mph!

I stopped for gas just after that and noticed the 2 Cheby's had pulled
off into a diner for some food...I'm sure the P/U didn't have a very
good dinner!!! WOW that was a blast to watch!!!

Bill M
65 Coronet 500 'vert, 73 Dart Sport
00 Cherokee, 01 Dakota SLT
21 Model T Depot Hack, 92 Accord, 06 Mazda 3 S