Our Hobby Threatened Again by Scrappage

Hi all,

Only on rare and special occasions do I point out things that are politically tinged but still Mopar related. In this case our hobby is again at immediate risk to short-sighted legislation that simple-mindedly equates "old" with "polluter" and ignores the 99.9% daily driver fleet; any one of which badly maintained belch far more emissions than a max wedge.

The "2009 Economic Stimulus Package" has an orientation that 'appears to be more like “get the older cars off of the road” rather than to repair them to be emissions-complaint. That “old cars” are a main contributor to air quality issues, rather than “poorly-maintained” vehicles in general. That these allegedly offending older vehicles should be arbitrarily crushed and gone forever . . .which would have a negative impact upon the vintage vehicle hobby with little real improvement in air quality or decreased use of foreign petroleum.'

I like to see our 1962 to 1965 Mopars in museums; but seeing them run on the road and track is important as well. Without parts or parts cars guess what will be the fate of our Mopars.

Contact your elected officials now. The legislative rush is on, so e-mails and phone calls are the only way to act effectively. The links and full details are online at this page:

http://www.houstonmopars.org/scrappage-alert-2009.html

Thanks,
Gary H.

----