Re: 1956 Desoto Adventurer Dual Quad Hemi Engine ID Number???

Re: 1956 Desoto Adventurer Dual Quad Hemi Engine ID Number???

No, I am not sure it is a 330. I saw a shop manula there that the guy was pointing at 330 cu inch in the front of the manual. It is a 56 Adventurer 2 door hardtop sitting in his garage with a hemi in it with 2-4's sitting on a dual quad intake. This is all I know at this point. If indeed the Adventurer in 56 came with a 341, than what he is now trying to do is validate the engine in this car by serial numbers or engine designation stamping. He claims the pad directly behind the water pump (the engine boss) is blank. The Convertible next to it has the markings, but not the Hardtop. I had suggested that maybe the block was a replacement. But I told him I'd ask here for some help. Any suggestions are appreciated guys, Thanks, Lyle