New Member Introduction

Hi, I just joined the list on Topica and wanted to let you know about me.  I live in NM and had a 1964 Dodge Polara 500 when I was in high school and the first 3 years of college.  My stepfather held the title to it, he went bankrupt and they repossessed my Dodge in 1972 to pay his bills.  I was under 21 so couldn't hold the title.  I loved the car and my wife and I met, dated and married (and still are after 38 years) in it.  I always wanted to get one like it back someday.  I have searched for the last 15 years to find one just like it, but couldn't so I started collecting 1968 Shelbys and Mustangs and busying myself restoring and working on them.  But in October I finally found one in California owned since new by a deceased little old lady, who's family was selling it.  It is virtually identical to my old one, same exterior (gold) and interior (gold) colors, same engine (383 2 barrel), same equipment (except no power windows like mine had), including the Motorola reverb.  This one is a one owner, 57,000 mile original with all the oringinal paperwork intact (original window sticker, Calif. black plate registration, broadcast sheet, warranty card, etc.) and no alterations at all from original.  It has the orginal carpet, seat covers, paint, etc. with only the paint, rubber and plastic chromed items showing much deterioration.  I now have it in the paint shop being repainted the original Anniversary Gold, and I have replacements for the window weatherstripping and some interior chromed plastic to replace to make it more presentable.  I don't plan to change or replace most of the original parts.  I will send some pictures once I get it back.  Thanks and I look forward to participating.
Mike Johnson