Re: Front End Kit for '64 B-body

If you have the large ball joint socket and a press (or access to one), it's not that bad of a job. Hardest part is to remove the UCA and LCA bushings. Your FSM will be your best friend.
Don in VA

Douglas Sutherland wrote:

If you have recently purchased a front end kit for your car and have rebuilt it yourself or had it installed please reply.My '64 Sport Fury rides like a dump truck.  Last year I installed new leaf springs (to correct the sagging rear-end) and I replaced all the old shocks with KYB gas shocks.  Now it's time to tackle the front end.  I assume all the rubber in my front end is original and is either hardened or just plain worn out.I am looking at the "Original Performance Front End Kit" from PST.  There are two types of kits from PST:The "Original" for $219 has:2 upper and 2 lower ball joints4 upper, inner and 2 lower, inner Control Arm Bushings2 Strut Rod Bushing 2 Outer Tie Rod Ends2 Stabilizer Links2 Sway Bar Bushings and Control arm bushingsThe "Super" for $379 has:the same as the "Original" and2 Inner Tie rod Ends2 tie rod Adjusting Sleeves4 upper cam bolt kits and an Idler armI assume I should get the "Super" and just get 'er done!While the front end is torn apart -- why not replace it all? Is that over-kill to improve the ride?I got one quote for about $1000 to get this all installed at a local shop.  But that is ball-park and sight unseen.  Anyone have any input on the installation of these kits?Thanks for your input!Doug in Seattle