Re: Cam Questions

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dennis C." <dennis.2914@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2009 9:45 PM
Subject: Cam Questions

Hello,

Does anyone know what the stock rocker ratio is for a 383?

Theoretical is 1.5 : 1

Do the stock rockers have the same ratio for intake and exhaust?

Yes.

And last, is it possible to get a rough idea what the lift is of an
installed cam with hydraulic lifters by reading the lift at the pushrod
end of the rocker with a dial indicator?  I can not reach the valve end
of the rockers with my dial indicator stand.

Yes...or at the lifter itself, if you have the intake off. Then just multiply that number by 1.5 to get the theoetical valve lift.

Any help will be appreciated.

Dennis C.

Darwin/Victoria,BC/Canada
--'65 Cdn.Val.Custom 100 'vert