RE: Cam Questions

Don,

Thanks for the great information again!

I pulled the intake manifold and tried to get a dial indicator on the
lifter body.  I could not get to the cam lobe with the dial indicator I
have.

The dial indicator could not get a straight shot at the lifter but after
several tries I did get consistant readings of 0.318" on and intake
lifter.  IF I have a reasonably good reading it looks like the cam is
somewhere around 0.477" lift.  This is a little more than I would
probably like for a street only car but I'm not going to change it.

If I do change it in the future what is a nice cam for good low end
torque street only application with reasonable fuel economy?  This is a
383 with a 4-speed.  I am planning on installing a 3.23 rear.

Thanks
Dennis C.