RE: Wiring harness wrap

Hi Mike,

I bought the correct wire wrap from Eastwoods.

The wiring is wrapped even when it is not readily visible (like under
the dash) to keep the wiring together so that it is not falling all over
the place.  Tie wraps would do the same thing but they were not invented
back in 65.

I also went to an electrical supplier and bought "friction tape" for the
portions of the headlight wiring that goes through the rad support and
is just behind the headlights.

Basically I matched what was originally there.

A lot of folks simply buy the wire loom from a parts supplier and stick
the wiring in.  Works good, easy to do, readily available although not
stock looking for the periods of our cars.

K.

Mike Phelps wrote:

> Any suggestions on what to use to wrap my wiring harness with? It
> doesn't have to be OEM but I'd like it to look correct. Also is the
> whole harness wrapped, even what is not seen? I guess it should be to
> protect the wiring, huh?
>
> Mike Phelps
> 1965 Plymouth Belvedere II Convertible
> 361/727