65 Speed

Mo,
I can so remember the looking out the window stuff too. I taught myself math after my high school days as they were involuntarily cut short when a drafting teacher challenged me to an arm wrestling match.(I was surprised i was a big lad school wrestling champion heavyweight at 16 years old.)  After I tore his arm off  he had me sent home , permanently. (apr 1 1966) It was my love of engines that forced me to learn. Later  trade school was a breath of fresh air for me. I had found my place to stand and  never looked back.  Did very well there and wound up teaching it 20+ years later. Still i often wonder how people can take such interesting subjects as math and sceince and figure out how to make them boring. I will relate this short tale on the subject then i will go back in my cage. When I was teaching engine theory the other instructors complained that they could not get the students to do the math. I looked at their worksheets and saw this, "An engine produces 40 ft lbs of torque at 1100 RPM . What is the horsepower? "
I changed mine to "A small block Chev produces 535 ft lbs of torque at 8500 RPM. What is the HP.?" Students were coming into the staff area during coffee break asking if i could give them more of these HP problems to solve.
Same math, same problem, same learning, just a different approach.
Anyway. Tomorrow I believe the 63 Dodge will be coming out tomorrow for its spring rip. Been a long long winter.
Don

----