Carb inspection

Tonight I removed and disassembled my dual quads. I wanted to inspect
the wood spacers and see how they are holding up. I did find something
that seems out of place to me but maybe it's normal.

I have both carbs set up the same. The rear carb secondaries look very
sooty while the front secondaries look spotless clean. There is gas
residue in the manifold too. It's obviously puddling some. I understand
that is common with this antique manifold.

The wood spacers are a little worn on the backside of the venturi for
the primaries. I think the butterflies may need a tad more clearance but
it's not hanging up. I'll redo them a little before I reinstall it.

The plugs do look pretty consistent between them but a bit on the dark
side. The electrode is clean and the top gray but the base is a bit
black. These are Autolite 75's which seem better than the 85's but
aren't available anymore. I guess I got the last 12 shipped in from Salt
Lake City.

My Eddy's are .086 Primary (1 stage lean) and '089 sec (2 stage lean).
The rods are 7052 w/yellow springs. 500cfm #1404 w choke removed. The
floats are set properly and I have #33 pump nozzles.

I've been having a problem with it feeling like vapor lock and I
remember it's almost always uphill at the time. I'm thinking it's
puddling in the manifold and pouring into the the rear cylinders but the
plugs seem the same all around.

Got any suggestions or directions to go?

----