early 904 advice needed

I have an early (1965) 904 behind a mild 360 in my Dart. It has a 2200 convertor from Pat Blais and an adapter to fit the larger crank register in the 360 along with the correct B&M flex plate. Currently using a reverse pattern manual valve body. Stock 1965 cable operated shifter. My question is..........would I be better off (for consistency) by using the stock valve body with a TF2 shift kit, in place of my manual valve body and then tying the kickdown back to full throttle position? It seems that I would get consistent upshifts at whatever rpm the governor allows. I have no room for downshift linkage. This is a race car only. Am I on the right track or do I need to go back to the drawing board?

'65 Coronet 500 stroker

----