barracuda cheapskate pointers

can anybody think of a  way to make a stock 65 barracuda auto  floor
shifter work with the later non cable trannies.  I am sick of this
dumb cable Band M shifter I have in the cuda and its dumb 4 foot
cable,
  I was hoping to take the stock 65 shifter and use its cables to somehow do it
  anybody have a foto of the underside of the 65 shifter so i can see
if it even seems like it might work
   neal zimmerman, eugene oregon