Fra: chymar01@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:chymar01@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sendt: 25. juni 2009 02:52
Til: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Emne: Re: SV: 361BB

You'll need to have the rear main surface of the crank remachined to use in
a car. There are sipes ground into it that directs oil away from the seal.
If you spin a reverse-rotation crank backwards(so it spins like a normal car
engine) it will send oil directly towards the seal, causing a leak. Any
crank shop should be able to do it.
Also, most industrial engines used a solid lifter cam, which means you
should have an adjustable valvetrain-nice! To change the cam and lifters,
you'll need new pushrods that match the lifters as the ones in the 361 are
likely to be tapered at the lifter end.
One more thing: does the crank have a standard rear flange ?