Rear Differential Oil Leak at Casing on suregrip

Rear Differential Oil Leak at Casing on suregrip

HI All,

Ive had this wonderful assembly off several times (tapered axles and all, what fun) have cleaned , even deburred the surfaces of the suregrip casing and the housing itself, it still weeps but ever so slowly. its the only drip i have on this car and i want to stop it. only thing i can assume is a casing imperfection.

Ive been looking online. Ive got the clutch style suregrip. I see that they sell an oil additive which may stop this tiny leak. DIfferent things I have read seem to suggest it works like the old radiator stuff, Bars Leak.

Has anybody used this sort of stuff? I would but I am concerned that it may gum up my clutches. Any comments?

Derrick Brown
'63 Sport Fury, 4 speed
derrickb@xxxxxxx