Re: Dan was correct/ brake drums

From the factory the lug studs were swedged to hold the drums on.
They used to make a special tool to cut the swedged area on the studs. Lacking the tool you can pull or beat the drums off and probably bend them up some. After you get the drums off you can work the studs over with a die grinder to remove the swedged area so you can install a new drum without having to force it on. Ron ----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan McCormack" <mcwheels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2009 2:22 PM
Subject: Re: Dan was correct/ brake drums

I kind of thought they did Ollie because they're pressed together but when I went to the NAPA site they show a picture of the front brake drum without the hub.

Anyway I believe I still have the complete front drum brake set up here somewhere from a 66 Belvedere ll that I converted to disc brakes. I think the drums and hubs should be the same size as your 65 Satellite.

Dan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ollie" <satellite1965@xxxxxxxxxxx>