Re: some thoughts on my past snobberies

${top_text_ad}
That's ok, Neal, about 1975 a friend of mine who drove a gunmetal grey
71 Challenger R/T took me over to a trailer park near Tinker AFB in
Midwest City, Ok where he heard a 71 Hemi plum crazy B body four speed
was for sale. We found the car and the guy wanted $3000. He started it
up for me and the engine ran fine but smoked. I passed on the car. DUH
!   Back to the early Mopars. Anyone have some additional pictures of
a 63 Plymouth cop car that's not on the website ?

    Gary F.

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 9:07 PM, neal zimmerman<neal.zimmerman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> feeling nostalgic.  remembering  mopars that got away.
>  when a 17-18 year old kid shopping for the right car heres some
> stuff i missed out on-
>    Took my dad with me  out to a little town where a kid was selling
> a 1969 Javelin with factory 390 and 4 speed.  Things were going well
> on the test drive until I had the bright idea to ask my dad if he
> wanted to try it.  He got in the drivers seat, got on it and about
> corkscrewed us across  the cow fields. He immediately shut down this
> whole idea.  Dont  take dad with u for test drives, make him wait at
> the guys house as collateral.
>   A guy i knew in mechanics school about 1981 wanted to sell me a
> beautful 1967 barracuda convertible,  him and his dad had fixed up.
> this car was stunning with new paint, new top and new interior , 273
> and a console auto, and cragar five spokes. ran like a swiss watch
> they wanted 1800 dollars. " Nope, too weird looking" LOL.
>  another buddy had a 1966 charger  383 big block with a 4 speed he
> wanted to sell me cheap,900 dollars, "Nope, too weird looking"
>   another guy i knew wanted to unload his 68 RT Charger with
> automatic for 1800 dollars, "nope, too big."
>    Or how about the 1970 Challenger big block 4 speed Panther Pink ,
> " No way, I aint gonna drive no stinkin pink car, that things gross"
>  I could go on , but I am starting to cry
>     LOL ,  the  ideas i had then, oh geez,
>  neal zimmerman, eugene oregon

${bottom_text_ad}
----