Re: I think we got it :-)

I had a similar problem, it was the strainer in the float in the tank

In a message dated 7/18/2009 9:33:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rlkinsley@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Rich Kinsley '64 Dodge Polara 4dr 318poly  w/goodies

OK here's what we discovered today. I moved the fuel pressure  gauge to
the other side of the press reg so I could get a steadier  reading. This
worked fairly well. We found nothing in the fuel and the  filter was
clear.

We fired up the car and let it idle. It started  and ran very good. The
temperature was perfect and the carbs and fuel were  very cool. After
about 10 minutes it started to miss occassionally and the  vac started to
waver some and go down just a little. Jason watched the  fuel press gauge
and it started at 6psi, then lowered to 5psi, then 4psi  then finally to
about 1.5psi at which point it backfired, dieseled and  died. This in
about a 2 minute time span. It spit some blue smoke again. I  wonder if
that could be the oil in the K&N filters? We inspected the  manifold
interior and it is spotless clean now. The wood spacers look fine  too.

Our conclusion is that either the fuel pump or the reg are screwed  up.
Most likely the pump. The solution to the whole thing is that I'm
getting  a Carter electric fuel pump #P4070 for my birthday. That  will
eliminate the regulator and the mech pump, shorten the fuel line and
place it in a cooler area away from the headers. Best of both worlds.
And it's cheaper than the reg and mech pump. I already have the wiring
in place for the pump from my previous wire harness replacement  project.

It'll be a week or so probably before this is accomplished.  You can
believe I'll let you know how it works  out.

----
Please address private mail -- mail of interest to  only one person --
directly to that person.  I.e., send parts/car  transactions and negotiations as
well as other personal messages only to the  intended recipient, not to the
Clubhouse public address. This practice will  protect your privacy, reduce
the total volume of mail and fine tune the  content signal to Mopar topic.
Thanks!

'62 to '65 Mopar Clubhouse  Discussion Guidelines:

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222377099x1201454424/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=
JulystepsfooterNO62)

----