Re: Security

A few years ago, we put a hood lock kit in my sons car. It released-locked from a cable like a hand choke which could be hidden. I think we got it from J C Whitney. . Your local parts house may have them.................MO.......sw iowa ----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Duross" <tduross1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 1:51 PM
Subject: RE: Security

I posted here about this couple of years ago. I ended up with a chain in an inner tube and padlock like Steve says but I take it off before I drive AND
I have a simple alarm with ignition kill and a motion sensor and remote.
These alarms are like $50 and you can install them yourself, just like
modern cars have with the four-way horn, blink the lights, chirp, etc.  I
have them in both my cars and the chain setups because I don't have a
driveway and when I have them for the summer I have to park them on Boston
streets.  One thing I did do was to put two blue flashing alarm lights on
the column cover rather than one, you can se the two flashing inside the car
from a distance and I felt the blue to brighter than the red I have in my
truck. I only have about 14" of chain so one wrap through the core/radiator support and a long hasp padlock it tightly up inside. To cut it, you'd have
to cut the grille.  Been working so far..
Tom

----

----