From: John Mopar <dodgepolara500@xxxxxxxxx>
To: 62 to 65 Mopar Mail List <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, July 9, 2009 2:14:58 PM
Subject: My '64 Polara Restored

All,
I sold my Dodge Polara 500 Convertible last November to a nice mopar collector/restorer in Austin MN. He has completed a very nice restoration of the car and will be selling it at auction on Jul 20th in MO.

This is the way the car looked before:
http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/moparjohn64.html

This is a snapshot of the car today from the auction site:
http://vanderbrinkauctions.com/auctions_details2.php?photosel=auction_images/52/fullsize/103Q_1.JPG

He invested a lot of time in getting the body prepped as it had some old bodywork (but no rust!) and of course, it is black. Every little imperfection was taken out. New chrome bumpers, polished trim, new chrome grill, restored engine bay, new door panels, rechromed console, rechromed guages, guages fixed, new brakes, resealed engine, new timing chain, etc...

I was sad to see it go, but knew I could never restore it and I had no place to keep it as well as I had lost my storgage. I am glad to see it was restored to as new instead of being totally modified.

As he said, "She turned out real good, some of them just do".

If anyone is interested in the car, bid away!

Thanks
John

----
Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person -- directly to that person.  I.e., send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!