RE: Alt

Mark at www.madelectrical.com has an excellent tech article extolling
the advantages of the three-wire alternator versus the one wire.  In the
end, of course, it comes down to personal choice.

Further, if anyone installs a very powerful alternator into one of our
cars without modifying the original harness, you will burn it.  The amp
gauge won't take it, and the firewall charge wires at the bulkhead
connector will melt and/or burn.  Heck, I've seen these wires melt and
fuse together with the factory alternator, due to age alone.

----