To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2009 9:12 AM
Subject: RE: Convert points to electic

Don,
I have both on the stromberg carb on my 64 poly 318, I believe original but
not sure.
I have the diaphram pull-off and a manifold mounted link and lever with a
coil below the housing within the manifold.
After Easter I plan to go and get my 64 out of storage for the summer. I'll
try your procedure.
From what I remember last Fall (this just sort of started happening last
Fall around Halloween (goblins?)).
It didn't appear the vacuum pull-off was doing anything and the ONLY way I
could start her cold was to hold down the mechanical linkage so the choke
butterflies were wide open and she'd start right up BUT I'd have to make
sure the linkage on the other side was on high idle.
It just seemed odd that on a 40 degree morning she'd cold start with no
choke only. I think it's the vacuum pull-off because doesn't that also put
her on high idle when you pump the pedal once before starting?  The link
from the vacuum pull-off connects to a slot on the choke butterfly linkage
where the mechanical manifold choke is a direct acting link with a clip. I
can post a picture of the carb if that helps.
Thanks for the assistance and suggestions, a big difference from "Old
Reliable" huh?  :)
Tom Duross
Boston

----