RE: Convertible filler plug?

oops.. call me wrong way Bob... I did this with the carb as well :)

OK so is this the filler plug?

 http://www.frappr.com/?a=viewphoto&id=5591207&pid=10963106

also the area under the cylinder is dry.. but the paint is gone just
below the cylinder

http://www.frappr.com/?a=viewphoto&id=5591207&pid=10963104

I run my finger under the pump but could not feel any mounting nuts or
screws, it feels like the end of a rubber grommet.. How is the pump
mounted?

If you how to fabricate a tool to keep the mess down, that would be
great... there is a tool on the market for $42, but that seems like a
lot for something that I'll only have to deal with maybe once every 2 to
5 years (I hope)

Thanks a bunch,
Bob

Herb wrote:

> A is the screw holding the motor together and B is the screw holding a
> winding to the inside of the motor.  The reservoir is at the other end.
> )-;
>  The plug is on the end of the reservoir (Other End) offset from center.
> The bolt in the center is the bolt holding the reservoir to the
> Pump/Motor.
> Is the Motor hot after you try to run it?  If the motor overheats it
> will
> stop running till it cools off.  Check the carpet on both sides of the
> seat
> if it is wet with oil your cylinders are more that likely leaking and
> need
> to be replaced.  The area under your pump looks wet from tranny fluid
> could
> be from pump leaking or people being messy servicing the reservoir and
> that
> can happen because it is hard to get to to service.  One big hint is
> service
> the pump and reinstall the plug before running the top up and down.  It
> will
> spray fluid all over every thing if left open.  If you service the pump
> and
> it runs up and stops on its way up, run it back down wait about 10 or 15
> min
> and let the air work it's way out of the fluid and reservice the
> reservoir
> till it runs all the way up and down.  To service the pump I remove
> three of
> the mounts and twist it out to access the end of the reservoir, also
> most of
> the systems were serviced with tranny fluid while some were serviced
> with
> brake fluid.  I guess a good way to check is if the paint is gone its
> drake
> fluid and if paint is still their its tranny fluid.  I can explain how
> make a tool to service the reservoir mess free if you would like.  Any
> other
> questions feel free to ask
>

>  Herb
>
> 1959 Coronet 326 Poly
> 1963 Fury 2D/HT 6.1
> 1963 Sport Fury Convertible 361
> 1970 Challenger RT 440
> 1999 Durango SLT 5.9
> 2006 300-C Heritage 5.7
> 2008 SRT-8 Magnum 6.1
> St. Louis, MO.
>
> http://1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/mmo42009.html
>
> Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ
> and
> the American Soldier.
> One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

----

u/?bUrDWg.bSONJP.YXJjLjYy

?p=TEXFOOTER