RE: Convertible switch circuit breaker

hi,

I found my circuit breaker on the left kick panel (almost at the height
of the dash bolt.  I think that it had a red wire connected to it.

I have not yet taken the switch out to see if there is one on the back
like the wiper/washer switch.

I am also very glad that there is information shared about the filling
of the pump reservoir.

Thanks very much to everyone that has contributed to the thread about
covertible tops.

K.

62pluckedchicken@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Great stuff Dan... oh.. ya mean I gotta unlatch it first... LOL
>
> The breaker is a good thing to look into.. I'm guessing mine is in the
> glove box ?? i don't see a breaker on the dash
>
> I wish I had a rear window to worry about.. but because the previous
> owner left the car outside ALL the time.. the rear window was brown and
> held together with packing tape... I had to cut it out,  it was to stiff
>
> to fold (brown plastic splitting off and flying everywhere)
>
> I'm the same as you.. once the top goes down it will stay down, unless
> there's an unexpected shower.. that's why replacing the rear window is
> below getting a top boot on my priority list ;)
>
> Bill Maurits wrote:
> >
> > Dan,
> >
> > Thanks for the extra info. Where did you get that bulletin?
> > --
> > Bill M
> > 65 Coronet 500 'vert
> > http://1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/mmo62008.html
> >

> > On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 11:21 AM, Dan McCormack
> > <mcwheels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > I've noticed that the top on my 63 Fury convert is running kind of slow
> > > so
> > > I'm saving all these emails and Bob's pictures and Herb's advice.
> > >
> > > Bob there's a built in 30 amp self resetting circuit breaker in the
> > > switch
> > > on the dash. I suspect that's why your motor is running for a few
> > > seconds
> > > and then quitting. I had to replace my switch because it stuck on me a
> > > few
> > > times and kicked out the breaker and I didn't trust it anymore. One
> > > thing I
> > > always do after releasing the header clamps (you are releasing the
> > > clamps
> > > right? LOL) is I push the front header of the windshield with my hand to
> > > make sure it's not hanging up on the windshield header.
> > >
> > > I always thought convertible tops used hydraulic fluid like you put in a
> > > floor jack but I see the service manual says to use HD brake fluid. I
> > > see it
> > > also says to check the fluid level with the top down. I picked up a copy
> > >
> > > of
> > > a 63 Chrysler Master Technicians Convertible Top Bulletin awhile back.
> > > It's
> > > about 14 pages long and has a lot more info in it than the FSM. I've
> > > read it
> > > over a dozen times and still don't understand half of it. There's about
> > > gazillion different adjustments that can be made to the top mechanism.
> > >
> > > All of Herb's advice is great. Just a couple of things I can add. I use
> > > Castile anti-static plastic window cleaner on my rear window and it
> > > works
> > > great and doesn't hurt the plastic. I also use it on the tint film on my
> > > truck windows and plastic computer and TV screens. I always make sure
> > > the
> > > window is clean before putting the top down. And my top is white so I
> [...]

Kevin R. Merkley
Thunder Bay, Ontario
64 Dodge 440 2dr HT (Cdn)
64 Dodge Polara 500 Convertible (Cdn)