Marvelmystery oil blow up??

any chance marvel mystery oil in a crankcase could make a motor blow up???
   A guy here i know bought an old Ford with a 289, it ran good
enough.  Upon getting it home he changed oil and filter, adding a pint
of Marvel mystery oil into crankcase and the other half of botttle
into gas tank.
   The motor made it about 100 miles and  then blew( sounds like a
rod-knock to me). In that 100 miles though it ran like a top and
sounded awesome, no noises of any sort, made good power too.
    I took off the oil filter and it was not only cold, it  only had a
little oil in it.  This sounds like a plugged sump pickup to me and
made me wonder if the Marvel had "Cleaned" the engine too well,
loosening up tons of sludge and plugging the pickup??
  what do u guys think ???
   I had to put my buddy on suicide watch.
    neal zimmerman, eugene oregon