RE: Replacement Radiator Question

I too have gone through about 3 semi-stock radiators in a quest to
actually cool the beast. Finally I found an aluminum crossflow radiator
from Summit with a trans cooler. I did have to take it to my radiator
shop to have the lower neck repositioned. I also added a drain pitcock
which it did not have. Even with all this work I only have about $330
total in it including a 16lb cap from Summit. I can't say how well it
will work yet as I'm not quite done. It certainly looks like I have more
cooling area. I did have to fab some supports but you could just have
the radiator shop install it for you. I doubt it would cost over $200
for that install.  There was a small issue with the horns too as they
were too close and I had to reshape the brackets for clearance. My
custom battery box also had to be notched but it missed my battery OK.
All in all it wasn't that hard to do and it looks very nice. I found
some hoses that fit OK after some searching. I used a Gates 21673 on the
top and a NAPA flex hose #FM-44 on the bottom. This may not be the same
for hoses in your case as mine is a poly. I am getting a high volume
t-stat too as I think that may have also been an issue with my high flow
pump. I'll send you some pictures seperate. I did send some to Gary H to
add to my list pictures.

I totally understand your dilema. Good luck, it is doable.

----